Saturday, September 30, 2017

"The Great Minnesota Get Together”by Devika Narayan





Receiving the request to be a part of the State Fair parade was an invitation I wasn’t truly prepared for. Ever since I was little, I had always anxiously waited for the time of year when I could go experience all the fun and excitement the fair had to offer. Being invited to be a part of that experience brought a whole new level of excitement I had never felt before.

All four of the International queens were invited and we were able to join other state queens on the float!! It was so fun to see and hear about the experiences of other queens across the state and to hear about their accomplishments and goals for their reigns.

Other than the incredible other women that stood with me on the float, the experience of seeing what “The Great Minnesota Get Together”  really meant was unforgettable. To see someone’s face light up or even smile made me realize how prestigious this title really can be.




Other than my amazing experience on the float, I was able to represent my title as Miss Teen MN International at the Alzheimer’s Association booth. As it is my platform, the Alzheimer’s Association asked if I would like to volunteer and represent my cause at the fair, which excited me beyond words! By using the simplistic game of plinko, I was able to invite individuals to come, play, and learn of the effects of Alzheimer’s. It was really humbling on my part to be able to talk about Alzheimer’s in such a way to not only represent the association, but also to help spread the importance of prevention and my mission to find a cure. By participating in such fun appearances, I know I have fulfilled my duties as a queen.


No comments:

Post a Comment