Saturday, September 16, 2017

"My most memorable experience" by Serena Schreifels





So far, one of my most memorable experiences as Miss Minnesota International, has been the Miss International Pageant.  It was a week filled with not only the glitz and glamour of the pageant world, but volunteering and giving back. I met so many new and wonderful people and had experiences I will carry through the rest of my life.

 

Miss International was held in Charleston West Virginia.  I love the east coast and West Virginia has some of the most beautiful sceneries in the U.S. Orientation day, we met the Mayor of Charleston. He was so excited and humbled to have us there and the sense of community we all felt was tremendous. My favorite service project was interacting with the kids at the local boys and girls club. We colored, played games, and chatted about basketball and movies. It was so amazing to catch a glimpse of life through their eyes. 

 

Although I didn’t make top ten on finals night, I’m still proud of my performance. I know I did the best that I could and tried to make Minnesota proud as well.  I am so honored to have such amazing support here at home and this pageant only made me realize how much I love this state.  All the friends I made and the people who influenced me pageant week have left an imprint on my heart.  I can’t wait to see what’s coming next because of the experiences I had at Miss International.


1 comment: