Monday, July 3, 2017

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal.” (Steve Maraboli) by Devika Narayan




 




A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal.” This was said by Steve Maraboli, one of the many authors I admire. It’s really amazing how helping other people can help you in so many unimaginable ways. Ever since I was young, this was a belief I always followed. From helping my parents to my friends, I loved helping in any way possible, knowing I was contributing in some way, whether it be large or small. Being an 11-year Ambassador for Girl Scouts, I once again really appreciate the ability to give back to the community in a positive way.



When speaking about my platform, Hope in Memories, it is to bring awareness and promote research for Alzheimer’s and Dementia. Today, over 5.1 million individuals are affected by some form of Dementia, Alzheimer’s being the most prevalent. Being the 6th highest cause of death in the US, the disease takes away the lives of those diagnosed by limiting cognitive ability as well as talking away physical functionality. To me, I believe it is important to raise awareness and help support the generation that raised me, therefore, I have really focused my platform on this cause. To this day there is no permanent cure, so my mission to find a cure is an important one!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment