Thursday, May 25, 2017

"Overcome Bullying One Kind Act A Time. " by Rebeka Mihalik




As Miss Pre-teen Minnesota International, I’ve adopted the platform of anti-bullying. Bulling has many forms, physical bullying includes pushing, and hitting.  Emotional bullying can include insulting someone’s faith, color of skin, clothing and nationality. Then there’s cyber bullying. This ranges from sending a mean message directly to someone to posting something rude about someone.  Often the bully is not just the person who makes the comments, if someone even agrees with a rude comment or post that is considered bullying. We should stand up for people not just go along with bullies because we want to fit in…



As you can probably tell, this is a very important to me. This is because I’ve been bullied, I have been in situations where I did not “fit in” where I was not “accepted” and even put down because I was not part of a click.  Without going to go into detail,  when I was bullied I felt horrible about myself. I had to quit gymnastics because I was told “I wasn’t good enough”, I now know, that’s not true!   I hope others will see the truth as well and that they do have value.  Furthermore, I have friends that were bullied because of their faith and nationality and my sister, who has a disability has been teased by her peers.

 

When kids are bullied, it affects not only them but also their friends and families as well. It takes a lot out of someone which makes them shut others out. Then they will slowly just stop becoming social. They won’t want to do things with their families or friends which also hurts them… it really does affect everyone.


Going back to what I said earlier, there are MANY ways kids are bullied, here’s a list of physical ways: hitting, fighting, yelling, rude gestures, breaking another persons things.  There also emotional ways like: name calling, laughing at someone, starting rumors, leaving someone out on purpose, making fun of someone for who they are.

I could go on but I think you have the idea…

 
Not everyone is bullied, but A LOT of people witness bullying. It’s easy to help put a stop to this. If you ever see someone being picked on the first thing you should do is call them out, tell them it’s not OK to say or do those things. If they don’t stop, GO TO AN ADULT! Don’t try to stop them anymore, if it didn’t work the first time it’s not going to the second!



Everyone can help prevent bullying. One way is just by showing kindness to those around you, telling them you like their outfit or just asking someone ,who is usually isn’t invited places, to go to the mall. Everything you say and do affects others, so remember, think positive!


My challenge to you is to say or do 1 kind  act every day for someone you do not know.  This will not only make someone else’s day, but make yours too.  I PROMISE.  I would love to hear your stories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment