Here are some great guidelines for the Miss Teen Minnesota International Pageant as well as a packing list to help simplify getting ready for pageant weekend. Not all items on the packing list are necessary; please feel free to pick and choose which items you may need.
Strategies for the Miss Teen Minnesota International 2014 Pageant
1. Wear your city/county banner upon arrival to the hotel and at all times pageant weekend. If you have a city/county crown, you will not be wearing it during this pageant weekend.
2. Look and dress the part of Miss Teen Minnesota International 2014 at all times.
3. Listen and be polite to both pageant and hotel staff.
4. Please tell family and friends their actions will reflect directly on you as a contestant. No inappropriate language or actions.
5. Make sure to check your list before leaving home, you don’t want to forget anything.
6. Decide what you are wearing for each part of pageant weekend beforehand to reduce stress. Once you do this, pack each outfit in a garment bag (these can be found at a dollar store) and label them for each outfit. Keep all clothing, jewelry, shoes, etc. organized and in the garment bag to make finding specific items easier. Also keep any undergarments in this garment bag so you don’t forget these.
7. Please eat at meal times and drink plenty of water. You may want to purchase protein bars, veggies or other snacks to bring with you in your bag.
8. Get plenty of sleep! Save your energy so you can twinkle and shine during rehearsals, in the interview, and on stage.
9. Rest your feet whenever you have the chance. Make sure to bring Blister Blocker with you and put it on your feet before you get the blister.
10. Bring a sweater or jacket for rehearsals. The theater may get chilly.
11. Bring your cameras! Have your mom, dad or friend take pictures of you with your new friends as well as take candid’s yourself.
12. Bring your smiles! Nothing looks like confidence than a great smile.
13. Make lots of friends and have fun! Some of the friends I have made over the past six years are among my best friends.
14. Most importantly, have fun! The weekend will go by very fast.
Packing List for Pageant Weekend
· City or County Banner: Please wear at all times.
· Arrival Outfit: This is where you will first meet each other and the pageant staff.
· Orientation Outfit: Business suit or dress
· Rehearsals Outfit: Outfit of choice. No jeans. Bring sweater because theatre may get chilly. You can have your cell phone with you but don’t have it on while the staff is talking.
· Coronation Party Outfit: Cocktail Dress or Interview Suit.
· All Competition Wardrobe: Fun Fashion, Aerobic Outfit, Evening Gown, Personal Interview Suit, and Onstage Interview Suit
· General Clothing: Nightgown/robe, Slips, Undergarments, Nylons, Shoes, and Accessories.
· Eyeglasses/contacts (if needed), Eye Drops, Visine
· Brushes and Combs, Shampoo and Conditioner, Hairspray, Hot Rollers, Curling Irons, Blow Dryer
· Dental Floss, Toothbrush, Toothpaste
· Skin Care Items, Hand and Body Lotions, Self-tanner (this is an important item in case your spray tan rubs off), Perfume, Deodorant, Razor Blades
· Cosmetics and Make-up Tools, Eyelashes, Lash Glue
· Personal Hygiene Items
· Nail Glue, Nail Polish, Nail Polish Remover
· First Aid Kit: Band-aids, Medications, Advil, etc.
· Portable Steamer, Static guard Spray, Lint Roller
· Bobby Pins, Safety Pins, Rubber Bands, Thread and Needle, Scissors, Tape
· Body Adhesive and Sticky Tape
· Extra Padding for Dresses or Aerobic Wear, Panty Liners for Aerobic Wear
· All Jewelry for weekend’s outfits. Keep your jewelry in baggies with your outfits.
· Camera and Charger
· Cell Phone and charger
· Favorite Pillow or Blanket
· Music for relaxation: CD’s Head Set, Ipod, etc.
· Spending Money
· Special Photos to make room cozy
· Platform Information for Reviewing
· Mirror for Dressing Room
· Thong pads for Aerobic wear